Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- I purchased a certificate. How do I get it?
- Once you have completed the course, please visit http://freemediationcourse.com/pass to generate your official digital certificate.
- I forgot my username or password.
- To obtain your username and reset your password, please visit our reset page. Please note that it takes approximately 5 minutes for your username and password reset email to arrive in your inbox.
- Is this course really free?
- Yes. The course is free. Purchasing an official digital certificate is optional. In fact, students can print their own basic digital certificate after passing the final exam at no cost.
- How long does it take to complete the free course?
- Students typically complete the course within 4 hours, but you can take as long as you like. Most students visit the site several times within one or two weeks to study the lessons, take the quizzes and complete the exercises before taking the final exam.
- What do you do with my name and email address?
- Is your program approved for credit?
- The Mediation Concepts course on freemediationcourse.com is approved for credit by the State Bar of California. Please visit our MCLE page for more information.
- Is your program approved for credit outside of California?
- No. We have heard stories from several students who were able to successfully submit the MCLE credits from this course for credit in other states, however. Please contact your State Bar Association to inquire.
- Where can I find more advanced mediation courses?
- Many universities now offer undergraduate and graduate courses, including degree programs, in alternative dispute resolution. There are also some occupational training organizations on the web which offer 40 hour mediation certifications for a fee.
- How can I get a certificate and what does it cost?
- We offer an official digital certificate (PDF) for $14.95. The purchase price is allocated toward necessary maintenance of this free site. Click here to purchase a certificate.
- Will this certificate qualify me to be a court appointed / official mediator?
- The field of mediation is not subject to uniform regulation. Every legal jurisdiction, community group and organization in the country can have different rules about the criteria for official mediator qualification. Please contact the court or organization where you wish to serve as a mediator and inquire about local rules.
- Do you only accept payments via PayPal?
- Yes. PayPal is the most secure method we have found for conducting transactions. Residents of some countries will not be able to use PayPal. Although it is a result of PayPal's policies and not ours, we do apologize for this.
- I can't see the video in the Review unit.
- The video in our Review unit is from YouTube. YouTube requires that you have Flash installed on your computer. Please click here to download and install Flash.
- Do I have to be a lawyer to take this course?
- No. While this course is approved for MCLE credit in California, it is not necessary to be a lawyer in order to benefit from this course. In fact, the applications of the mediation course concepts extend well beyond the legal field.
Please complete the form.
We welcome your feedback and questions!
Please be sure to review the Frequently Asked Questions above
before submitting your question.