Mediation Concepts Course Syllabus
Four (4) MCLE Credit Hours including one Ethics credit
Enthusiasm for Alternative Dispute Resolution!
Textbook and Materials:
No books, no tapes. Just read the lessons on your screen!
An introduction to the concepts of facilitative mediation, including history and philosophy, strategies of mediation and negotiation, and ethical considerations of alternative dispute resolution.
- *To develop an understanding of the basic concepts of mediation
- *To understand some basic strategies of negotiation in a mediated setting
- *To acquire basic mediation skills for a facilitative environment
- *To learn the fundamental ethical considerations of alternative dispute resolution
* Unit 1: General Overview
* Unit 2: Negotiation Strategies
* Unit 3: Mediation Strategies
* Unit 4: Ethics of Alternative Dispute Resolution, based upon the American Bar Associationís Model Standards of Conduct for Mediators.
* Review Project
* Final Exam
TWZ Enterprises™ Free Mediation Course utilizes unit introductions, unit lessons, unit exercises, unit quizzes and a final exam to teach the essential concepts of the course and to assess acquired student knowledge. In addition to interaction within the TWZ Enterprises™ Learning Platform, students will be able to submit written assignments to the course facilitator. The course facilitator carefully evaluates each "homework" assignment and provides the student with meaningful feedback via email to enhance the learning experience.
Grading, Proof of Successful Completion:
Successful completion of the Mediation Concepts course shall result in a certificate. A certificate shall be awarded upon achieving a score of at least Seventy Percent on the final exam. If the student should require an Official, signed, sealed certificate for proof of completion, they may acquire an official version at freemediationcourse.com/certificate.
Students who have successfully completed TWZ eClass are recommended to cite their achievement on resumes and cover letters in the following manner:
Successfully Completed TWZ Enterprises Mediation Course
Please Contact Us For More Information.
Enroll in Free Mediation Training